Monday, May 14, 2007

Ed. Umie of Four :)


took these cheeky shots on Sunday, Mother's Day :)

looking all tired and aging...gracefully i hope! *wink*
it's been a "mixed up kind of feeling" journey since i became a Mother.
the road has been pretty tough, sometimes easy, sometimes not and overall, it's been really quite pleasant. but feeling Blessed would be the term to describe all of how i truly feel.

i have 4 kids!!! yes, i do! :D

i had smooth pregnancies all 4 times and delivered all my Precious Babies normally all 4 times. Thank God. and isn't it just a coincidence that one arrived on Easter Sunday. one on Children's Day and the youngest insists coming 11 days early to be a Christmas Baby! :D

i hope i've raised my kids to be respectful, kind and just be an individual with a good heart. what Mother would not want to see their children achieve success? i want that for them. i've seen them grow, especially my oldest 2. my husband who praises me for doing a great job raising them all on my own while he's often away in another land for months. that means alot to me :)

my Mother~in~law who personally told me she's proud of me. how i did a good job raising 4 kids on my own and how lovely they are in terms of manners and behaviour. *that's because they've been warned* hehe...

my own Mummy who told me that StepDad praises and loves how my kids would give Salams whenever we visit them. kiss their hands and calls out to them before we have any meals. says Thank You after their meal. he says they are truly adorable.

which may sound like me tooting my own horn of how i have "good" kids. but they do have their misbehaving days and how they can be driving me up the wall! they have to live with an Umie who has split personalities when it comes to disciplining them and correcting them almost all the time! *wink* and then there's the Umie who plays with them, jokes around and hugs them all the time too :)

but i believe what really bonds us together is how we spend our time together each day. and each day, 5 times daily we'd always have that moment. i miss my children when they aren't around especially when i'm out on my own. i miss them when they're in school. i check up on them when they're asleep. i don't like scolding them. they don't like being scolded by me. but the fact that they quickly apologise instantly, how do i not Love them more? *sob sob*

and that's just me being me, Ed. Umie of Four :)

and before i go, i'd like to share these Ten Thoughts on Whole Living which i read and took from Ali Edward's blog. *hope she doesn't mind* this is absolutely beautiful and inspiring to me :) will print this out and serves as a wonderful reminder.

Ten Thoughts on Whole Living.

1. Your home is more than the sum of its walls. Make it a sacred space.
2. Creativity is a lifestyle, not simply an activity. Let is expand you.
3. True forgiveness springs from love, not regret.
4. Learn something new. Emphasize the trying, not the succeeding.
5. Spend some time in the dirt. You'll be amazed at what nature can inspire.
6. You don't have to have a perfect body to feel great in it.
7. Define yourself by who you are, not the roles you play.
8. Find rejuvination in five minutes of silence.
9. Contribute to abundance. If you no longer need something, pass it on.
10. Find direction in your life by looking where you want to go, not where you don't.