Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Family Time Is The Best Moment Ever!

Welcome 2008!!!

hope everyone had a Great start to 2008 :) but not so good for me as i woke up feeling achy all over and it got worse as the day wore on. so i have stomach flu :( very bad and rested mostly. but the day before we had already planned a bbq for our kids along with some friends. Ron asked if i wanted to still have it and me being ill does not mean the fun has to stop for them.

we continued with the bbq. Ron went to the supermarket and bought all the fresh meats and started setting it all up @ 5pm and our kids got so excited! it would be our first time having a bbq @ home. which we've now decided to have more often on the weekends when Ron is in town *yayy*

although feeling unwell, i could still muster the strength to pick up my Sony and start snapping. at one point i forgot i wasn't well and we all had a good laugh with the jokes and seeing Anis being silly! hehe... the only dang part for me was not being able to eat most of what's being bbq~ed!!! :( but my sweet husband bought me pita bread, made it warm and crispy for me and that made me one happy camper :D

so lots of photos today, Enjoy! :)

Welcome to the Q's New Year BBQ :)



Fire Getting Started...


Kids Rolling Around


What's On the Grill...
steaks, sausages, potatoes...Yummy!



Our BBQ Chef


Chicken Wings Anyone?
marinated with teriyaki sauce, garlic and some spices
by Chef Ron *wink*


Butterhead Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes with Mayonnaise


Corn on the Cob, so delish!


i had this...


i think i lost 1kg today! hehehe...
which i will gain back triple by Friday!


Happy Kids enjoying their food :)
it's a norm for us to relax and sit on carpeted floors




some of us still like to sit on the bench :D


Friends & Neighbours :)


Thanks Everyone!
Please join us when we have our next BBQ :D
despite being unwell, it was a pretty good 1st Day of 2008 for me and my lovely family :) they're the Best People to have around and share precious moments with. it's back to school tomorrow and another year of more Best Moments!

9 comments:

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Have a blessed Year ahead Ed ! I'm sure u'll get well in no time ! :D

Carla said...

WOW...you always post the yummiest looking food and then I go hunting for something to eat....LOL
Happy NEW YEAR!

Unknown said...

I know 2008 has many good things ahead but I hope there are lots of GREAT surprises along the way Ed!
HUGS for 2008 :)

camport said...

Hope you feel better soon. Happy New Year. I'm going to find something to eat, your pics made me hungry! lol.

:)

Edleen said...

Thank You All :)

Stephanie said...

Hope you get well soon!

Yummy bbq you had.:)

June said...

Yummy !! I'm drooling at your food pictures.

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

When you have family and close friends, that's all yoou need right ? The bbq looks fantstic, and the carpet outside so everyone can get comfy on the floor is a great idea !!!

suryani said...

BBQ looks fantastic, YUMMY!!! i'm drooling already!